Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chilly Tuesday

It's been a long week so far and it's only Tuesday - aargh! I have come down with a nasty cold and am feeling a bit sorry for myself. So combined with the husband being overseas all of last week, not a lot of crochet has been done - well not as much as I'd hoped anyway. I have been making lots of wee hearts to turn into a garland for Miss 4's bedroom. They all look so darn cheerful sitting in their little tin - I don't want to take them out just yet!!


And I did manage to finish off another scarf - and just in time too! It is a gorgeous wintery Wellington day today, absolutely freezing right now, but the sky is clear and it should warm up a bit soon (hopefully!). Perfect timing to keep my sore throat wrapped up nice and toasty. I love this scarf pattern and have previously posted about a blue version. I have more to make for friends who have placed requests too now that we are starting to feel the chill of winter.


Before I got all sneezy and horrible, I did manage to get lots of baking done. Banana cake, choc chip cookies and afghans are now in the pantry. I think I may have got a bit carried away with it all so will have to send some into husband's office tomorrow. Miss 4 also helped me make some yummy shortbread. She was chief cookie cutter and was adamant she wanted to prick the holes this time. She took her fork pricking duties very seriously and made sure they were all nice and centred. It was a long, slow process but I'm all for good presentation!!! Very cute.


My lovely friend Ange gave me this fabulous kit for Christmas and I have been bursting to find enough quiet time to sit down and concentrate on making it. It's the coolest kit and even included a banana flavoured chocolate bar - how perfect!! 'Included' is definitely in the past tense - the chocolate didn't last very long at all!


I hope to have 'monkey' finished by the end of the week so I can show you soon. I have done all the body and just need to sew on the mouth and eyes. My hand sewing skills are not exactly great so I might need to undo him and try again. But then again he does look pretty darn cute so far so maybe I should just leave him be.

I really, really want to get cracking on another blanket. I have fallen in love with Pixie's hexagon blanket and am determined to find the patience to make one like it! It will take me forever but looking at hers, it will be so worth it. I think it would be impossible to have a bad sleep when you have something so beautiful covering the bed.

Have a fabulous week!

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you are feeling yucky and blue. I hate it when my hubby is away too. I was glad to see you post again though! Your little hearts are adorable and will make a really cute garland for your daughter's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am down with a cold too!!But those cute little crochet hearts must be really making you feel better. Looking forward to see the garland and sock monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf looks great! I'm down with hayfever (wich feels like a cold, but it will last for 2 months...) feel better soon!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Leah, you have been busy! I love that scarf pattern too and have put it in my Ravelry queue after seeing your other one you made. The shortbreads look absolutely perfect - tell Miss 4 I'm very impressed!
    Hope you feel better soon. I'm off to look at Pixie's blanket!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf is gorgeous! And the tin of hearts, how lovely, lovely, lovely!

    Excellant shortbread pricking, well done little lady.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leah, and OHHHH poor you, now you have the 'crappity crap lurgies', don't forget the manuka honey, lovely and soothing for a sore throat.
    And thank you, thank you for all your lovely comments about my wee blankie, i have to say that while i was laid up on the sofa with the lurgies my blanket was just perfect for keeping me snuggly and warm. Hope you get yourself better soon luvvy, watch lots of films and keep crocheting those lovley hearts.
    Pixie xx
    P.S i think i read somewhere that shortbread was good for lurgies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leah good to hear your feeling much better and glad the manuka helped.
    Now, if i remember rightly, and it was quite a while ago now, i think i got the hexagon shape from 'Lucy over at attic 24', if you haven't got the blog site address its over on mine so you can always have a look from there, actually, now i think about it i did get it from her site, she has lots of lovely patterns to use and her descriptions are really clear to understand. Speak soon Pixie x
    P.S Thank you for the birthday congrats, can't think where all the years go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leah, a little something for you waiting in my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! Have a fab day.