Saturday, August 20, 2011

Crafty bliss!

After a fairly wild week of snowy weather, it was nice to finally get out and about and hit the shops for a treat. I have been wanting to visit an emporium in a nearby city for a while so a friend and I jumped in the car and managed to escape most of the rain storms on the way. I didn't really know what to expect so I was hugely pleased when I spotted all the crafty bits and pieces! I bought some fab wooden buttons - but I could really have gone crazy buying loads more. Next time perhaps ...

The wall of buttons was tucked away around a corner, so when I discovered it I think I might have actually squealed out loud!! So many choices, in every colour imaginable. Then there was the ribbon wall ...

And just when I thought I'd seen enough buttons, I turn another corner and there's another wall of them. This time it was all the kids buttons and more decorative bits and bobs. Amazing!

This is a closer up look at the ones I bought on this trip. The tulip ones are destined for a lovely green cardi I have. The buttons on it are perfectly fine already, but these will look even better. The other ones will wait for another project I have in mind.

Another treat I bought earlier in the week was this pretty bangle. It's bright, glittery and covered in roses. I love it! I've worn it every day this week - because the weather has been so gloomy - I've needed as much colour on me and around me as possible. I also had some fantastic op shops finds this week but I completely forgot to take pics of them. A gorgeous light grey merino cardi, a silk skirt (amazing!) and a fab wrap top. Talk about fab bargains!! I will pop them on my next post!

I just had to pop this pic in to end with as my back garden turned white during the week. I know you lovely folk who live with snow year in year out will think this is quite a piddly little snowfall but for us here in Wellington - it was substantial and we're all still talking about it! It was exciting for my small folk and quite a novelty for us bigger folk too!

Big news this week in our household - Mr 6 lost his very first tooth! The tooth fairy has visited and he is still carrying his $2 coin around that she left him. I'm loving the slightly different way some of his words sound through the new gap. Gorgeous!

I was absent minded and posted without adding a note about my good luck this week! I was the lucky winner of a fab giveaway here! I am so hugely grateful to LeeAnn - it really made my week!

I will be a bit late with my usual post next week. I will explain why in my next instalment! So until then, I hope you all have a fabulous week!

Leah
xx

13 comments:

  1. where is this emporium! I want to go and squeal at the buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those buttons and your bangle are so very pretty. I definitely crave color since I live in a desert country that is drab most of the year. How fun that you had a bit of snow. Just enough to enjoy and not so much that it causes problems. Hope your weekend is great. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooohhhh I love them! I keep forgetting about our local emporium for buttons - I must head there this week. Love the bangle too xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, it looks amazing. Where is it? I want to go too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those buttons, my mom just brought some this week!
    Love snow too, always exciting, but doubly exciting for you!
    Thanks for all your lovely comments. I also will be having few days off soon. My 6 year old wanted to keep his tooth when it came out so left a note saying can he keep it! A hoarder already like his mother! haaha.
    have a great weekend.
    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leah!
    Snow!!! Brr!! But exciting for the kids!
    Love those pretty buttons, it looks a great shop!
    Time for the tooth fairy then - how exciting for your son!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I have a few of your posts to catch up with here as Ive been away and not blog hopping for a while.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Button-lovers' heaven! What a lovely place.
    When my sone's first tooth came out, he lost it, and he wrote a lovely letter to the tooth fairy to explain :) Happy days
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I am so jealous! Wish I had this store close to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous emporium, its a shame im on the other side of the world.xx..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohmegosh!!
    An emporium of such loveliness.
    Lucky, lucky you.
    (and yes, I would have squealed in delight too)
    Loving those wooden buttons too- very cute.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely buttons! Looks like the kind of place that would make me squeal, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That craft shop looks a lovely place to wander and dream.........pretty blog.

    lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi guys - too those lovely local folk who have wanted to know where this emporium is ... it's Pete's Emporium in Parumoana Street, Porirua. Happy shopping!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! Have a fab day.